Monday, September 26, 2011

911 Dance Emergency

This past Saturday night I apparently missed a call from my best girlfriend. I retrieve the message on Sunday morning and it goes a little something like this, “Heather Marie you have to come over and dance with us. Seriously dude it’s a 911 emergency. 911 emergency I said!! Alright call me or just come over if you get this.”

It makes me smile. I look at the time and see she called around 9:00pm, which was right about the time I was putting my daughter down for the night. I know if I had answered the phone though it would went something like this:

Me: Hey Girl
Her: Duuuude you should come dance with us we are having soooo much fun
Me: I just crawled in bed and put my PJ’s on (with book in hand)
Her: Lame. You never come anymore
Me: I know but I have a little’s and I do to I just haven’t been around much this summer so it seems like never.
Her: (Obviously annoyed) Alright fine call me in the morning!

Then I would have sat up in bed and wondered where that KKKRAAAZZZY fun girl went? Surely she is still in there somewhere? Maybe not to the out of control extreme I use to be but come on pajamas 9:00pm on Saturday night? That use to be the time that I would start to get things going or just be heading out for the night. I am 36 not dead for crying out loud! Note to self I must rectify this situation immediately. Maybe not an all night party but at least some fun social outings must be added to my calendar and soon. Before I am sitting on the front porch knitting, and yelling at the kids to stay of my yard or something!

Ah who am I kidding I could never knit!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that it is funny how life events take a turn. Because about seven years ago and the 10 before that. I remember this same conversation turned around. Soon it will change babe!

    ReplyDelete