Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Surprise!!!!!!

I am not an easy person to surprise. I don’t know if it’s my lack of trust in people, or my need to know what is always going on that makes a surprise nearly impossible. So last weekend when my husband and best friend pulled one off on me I nearly fell over not to mention I very inappropriately dropped the f-bomb. (Go figure on that one!) Here is how they did it.

To set the scene a bit I am currently on vacation in the cutest place known to man (my opinion of course) called the Pacific Palisades. It’s in California and I know I talk about it a lot but in my defense I come here a lot. It’s just so nice in comparison to Colorado right now where the heat has gone to ridiculous levels and the not so delightful smell of fire is still looming strongly in the air. Here the weather is always about 70 degrees, there are so many beautiful flowers, blocks from the beach, blocks from a fun farmers market we go to every week, and the cutest little shops. You can walk just about everywhere you go and I do.

Last Friday my husband gets up and says, “ I think I am going to have a Chloe and Daddy day to give you some free time but you should know in advance your welcome to come with us. “ He continues on with,  “I think we are going to start by going to In and Out for some French Fries, and then go watch the planes landing at LAX.” Sounds fun for them but in no way does that sound appealing to me. So I elect to stay back so I can read a book, go on a walk, or do something a little mellower. Just as I was heading out to for my walk I get a text asking if I want anything from the outside as they are almost home. I say no but now I realize he was just trying to gauge where I was. So within minutes I hear the car door slam shut and in walks my husband, and my best friend is carrying my daughter! What! I mean WHAT??? How did you? When did you? Why are you? Wait how did you? What the heck are you doing here??? I can’t believe how surprised I am. I mean really truly knock me over surprised! Who gets surprised while on vacation? Isn’t the vacation supposed to be enough?? Well, it was awesome and I got to drag her all over the place for three days to all my favorite places. By the time she left I am sure she was exhausted but now I know for sure without a doubt she gets my love for this area.  I also love that she came to visit me. I guess that’s why she has been my best friend for over 30 years.  Also, can you believe what an amazingly sweet thing that was for my husband to do? He put the whole thing together without me even having a clue and it got me to wondering if I actually deserve him? :)






No comments:

Post a Comment