Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fantasy Land


My name is Isabella and I am from Columbia. My accent is still thick enough that my English is not always understandable. I don’t answer to this little parrot that screeches to this Mommy character over and over until her face turns bright red.

Isabella is glamorous, sexy, oozing with confidence and, doesn't have time to deal with the commanding scream from the other room,”Wiiiiippppe! I said Wipe!” Her hair is long and luscious, and her nails are beautifully manicured. (She actually bares a resemblance to the talented and beautiful Sofia Vergara.) There is no time for morning conversations of, “I hate these pants! I am not wearing them EVER!” Followed with a stomp, stomp of the feet and a not so sweet reminder of “I will not eat breakfast today! Raspberries are not my favorite! Yuck!” 

Another beautiful thing about Isabella is she never has to discuss poop with her husband. There is no poop chatting. Like “Did she go today at all?” Followed up with, “Yes but it was a tad loose so maybe a banana at bed.” No! No! That is not sexy talk!

All of a sudden I snap out of this fantasy, turn off the TV which is showing a rerun of Modern Family as my 4 year-old is now screaming in a decipol only dogs can hear,”Pul-ease get me new pants!! Mommy I don’t like these! I am not going to school like this. Pul-ease!” Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

Ugh. “Alright.” I get up on command and realize as I am walking to my daughters room that I already miss Isabella. It was so fun being her even it was only for a minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment