Unless you grew up as a gazillionaire traveling to far out
places like: Paris, London, Milan, or even Hawaii on fancy jets I am guessing
you did a road trip or two as a family vacation. When I say road trip do you conjure
up images of Chevy Chase and that um how shall I say vintage station wagon?
Well, my childhood road trips weren’t that bad but I did log many hours in the
back seat of the car using my seat belt strap as a microphone singing along to
the radio. We went to places like Mt. Rushmore, Bear Country, or just plain old
camping by big lakes around.
Now that I have a little girl not only has she been on 17
flights I am currently writing this while she is on her 4th road
trip. She really seems to like being in the car for long stretches and I am certain
she gets that from her Dad! The fun part about our road trips is we get to take
our furry kids with us, which allows us to be gone for longer periods of time.
Before my daughter was born my husband and I would travel
all the time. Our frequent trips included: Malibu, NYC, and Vegas again and
again. Now it’s still a lot of travel but now more of the family oriented kind.
It’s good for Chloe to get to spend time with each of her 10 grandparents while
they are all still around. We will have time later to take her to place like:
Disneyland, Hawaii, Greece, etc. I personally can’t wait to go to Paris and
Italy. I know it will happen someday I just need to have patience.
I feel like this time in
our life we are doing exactly what we need to be doing and are exactly where we
need to be. I feel extraordinarily blessed for my life.

10 grandparents?! Thats pretty impressive! Happy travels!
ReplyDelete