This getting old stuff is for the birds. I am going to jump
right into my story and no it’s not about the damn birds on the roof. I need to
take a shower in our basement shower since currently my husband is practicing
his new gig as a plumber with our shower. I am not sure if he is going to flood
the entire house since he is watching how-to-videos on YouTube but I'd rather not
take any chances so that’s why the downstairs shower.
This is the first time I am in here since we have had it remolded
and I am checking things out, and they actually look really nice. This is the
shower my guests use when they stay over and most recently that was my dad and
stepmom. So I go to grab one of my stepmom’s products that she left behind and
turn to the back to read what it is and the craziest thing happens to me! I am
holding it close to my face and I can’t read the words. What? I have 20/20
vision what is this? I put it closer to my face and now not only do I feel cross-eyed
but also my vision is actually blurry and I can’t see a flippin thing. I finally
hold it out the length of my arm and can clearly read what the damn bottle says
now, however, at this point I am a little confused and slightly dizzy from all
the eye straining.
Well this is new… or is it? I did just change the font on my
blog last week, and after working on it had a raging headache. Then come to
think of it I changed my font on my IPad last night as I was reading a book on
Kindle. Hmmm this is puzzling so I go ask my husband if he could read this
bottle as I shove it in front of his face. He stops his “kinda plumbing” to
laugh at me and say,” Well, yes but I have glasses on.” I said, “Well I can’t read
it unless I hold it way out in front of me is that weird?” I know I was asking
for it and his response was, “Hold shit further from your face. Your getting old.” I shake my head at him. Real nice! This must be what they call growing old together!

LOL! You are not the only one. I wear glasses and sometimes I still can't see!! Go figure!?! Almost time for the seeing eye dog!! ;). Just wanted to say hi. I hopped over from the Bloggy Mom hop.
ReplyDeleteI agree. Getting old sucks.
ReplyDeletehaha that is too funny. I have never had good vision, my parents have better vision than me :( . I do agree though, getting old sucks!
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest follower from the Monday Mingle
followme@ www.studentswife.com
Too funny! I was told I am one eye exam away from bi-focals! JOY!!!
ReplyDeleteNew follower from Mom's Mingle. Hope you will hop over and follow too.
Julie @ Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk
www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com
Aloha Sweets,
ReplyDeleteStopping in to say hi and follow you from the Monday Mingle. Oh shoot those days await us all don't they. I had this love affair with glasses and used to steal my Dad's all the time when he wasn't looking... don't know that I'll love them so very much when they're a required part of daily life. =)
If you're up for a bit of a ride, come join me at Local Sugar Hawaii . We're riding this silly little wave called life, together. You're welcome. Anytime.
Cheers,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com