Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Miracle Child Was Born

I knew for a big portion of my adult life that no matter what my career successes would be that the title of Mom would still be the most coveted. I struggled in my 20’s watching my friends become parents and me childless with two miscarriages to show for my efforts. Not a single doctor could figure out why I couldn’t have children. It was truly puzzling. Then in my mid 30’s I decided I had to take this to the next level using the IVF process. I found an amazing doctor at CCRM who treated me as if I was his only patient. It was the most nerve racking, thrilling, and scariest time of my life. The result was my little miracle, Chloe! I am so in love with my little girl and knowing how hard I struggled to get here makes her only that much more precious to me.

I know there are a lot of couples out there like us who are struggling to complete their families. I wanted to share this video my husband made for my baby shower as inspiration that it really can happen. I know when I was going threw this myself I was always searching on the Internet for success stories to boost my confidence in the process. I know this is a very personal video but if by sharing it helps inspire one person to know it can happen than it was worth it.

PS. Turn up the sound

6 comments:

  1. What a great video!! I made a similar one. It took us two years to have our first son so I'm familiar with the heartache of trying to conceive, but here I sit nursing my second son on my lap as I write this who was conceived by accident, so go figure! I make a video of my kids every year for their birthday. The first video started with my pregnancy pictures and leading up to my son's birth. Now he's turning three and I am starting once again to compile all his videos and pictures from the year and put it all into a video montage that we share every year on his birthday. Its so special. I love doing it and seeing how much he grows thru out the year and will be doing the same thing with our 5 week old.

    Anyway thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following back!

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has 2 Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing video! Your husband did a great job of putting it together!
    Following you back from the stalker hop, thanks so much for stopping by!
    Trisha @ MommaTandBabyE.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome story, congrats on your miracle! Following back from over at musingsofmotherhood, thanks for stopping by. :)

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful video! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back :)

    http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm Happily following you back! I'm sure your story will be comforting to so many women. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... that gives me chills! I have a close friend who just had her second miscarriage and is also sharing her experiences to give comfort to other people. You're great to share this with people so that they know there is hope that they will conceive!

    ReplyDelete